Thursday, 25 May 2017

First day back at home!

I was released yesterday and being back at home is sooo good, like it always is.  First of all, I can sleep for as long as I like, without somebody waking me up regularly to check obs.  Second of all, the raised toilet seat I have at home is far less painful to sit on! (I kid you not).  Apart from the fact it slipped off today when I went to use it.  That was a scary moment.  It's okay, it's fixed now.

Breathing fresh air is another plus.  Mum took me out in my wheelchair this afternoon to the park and it was gorgeous and hot.  We ate ice cream and I took loads of photos of my friends the geese.  I've decided I can probably get my legs a bit brown in this weather if I use up my allotted 20 mins per day of DVT socks-off time purely on tanning.


Managed to get a physio appointment for first thing tomorrow, aaah!  Getting up and out of the house by 8am is going to be one heck of an adventure, seeing as I can barely take steps first thing in the morning because I am stiff from the night in bed!  I am still very slow at walking - probably more so and in a bit more pain than at this point last time around, but it's early days yet.  Anyway seeing the physio tomorrow means I might be able to start hydrotherapy in the next couple of weeks or so.

Still feeling very proud of myself that I got up on day 2!  And very relieved that I was able to stay away from morphine for my whole hospital stay as I was more myself and that made everything a lot easier.