I'm writing my obligatory 'night before' post with a mixture of apprehension and some sort of serene calmness - or maybe I'm just immune to it all now?
I arrived with mum a couple of hours ago and after much faffing with the car parking we got settled into the hospital accommodation for the night (mum will be staying in an Air BnB from tomorrow). I vaguely recognised the porter who supplied us with a room key and then realised that he was the lovely gentleman who took me down to x-Ray during my hospital stay last October. I remember him wheeling me out onto a balcony to get some fresh air as I was feeling so nauseous still from the morphine. Apparently that's what they used to do with patients 100 or so years ago in the early years of this hospital building; line them up on the balcony in their hospital beds. Actually this hospital has an interesting history. At one stage it was named The Birmingham Royal Cripples Hospital "for the relief of persons labouring under bodily deformity" which I'm sure must have felt very uplifting for the patients.
I'm mightily glad I have found somewhere they can treat this bodily deformity. It's only been a year since I first stepped foot in this place, but now I've been here so many times it could almost start to feel like a home from home.
They give you a green plastic wallet like a party bag with a tonne of information to read to prepare you for your op. I've been quietly reading it through and we're gonna go and get something to eat soon. I'm sure I will be nervous tomorrow morning. On top of everything I've developed some symptoms in Rightie again since Friday when I was swimming. No idea why, maybe overdoing it? I'll have to tell them when I am admitted.
Geez, I hope it's not too soon after the other op! He knows what he's doing, right? Aaah, stay calm! All will be well.

