The days start to merge together a bit in the beginning after surgery, but I think this could be counted as day 2.
The most important news is it was a success! He managed to align the joint pretty well, even though they had to work around the old scar tissue. I was in surgery for 3 and a half hours roughly. Seriously ill in the recovery and spent the whole day that way. So far since then I have managed to stay away from any morphine too, which is a huge relief as it made me so nauseous for so long last time (I couldn't keep anything down). OxyContin and Dyhidrocodiene have been working out okay.
I spent the first 24 hours on the HDU (High Dependency Unit). I was worried about this when they told me in admissions, as I thought it sounded more serious, or perhaps it was just pre-op nerves! It was fine, just meant I was more looked after for the first bit, Came up onto the ward late yesterday afternoon. Had a brief visit from the physio and have been doing my bed exercises when I can. I am desperate to move, just to sit on the edge of the bed or something. I'm getting so uncomfortable, had to be positioned part way on my side last night as my poor sacrum has been suffering.
UPDATE LATER: the physio came round just before lunch and I've been able to take a couple of steps out to the chair and sit out whilst I was eating my lunch! This is far better than last time and apparently quite impressive for day 2 post-op. Not that I like to boast ;-P
Then I got back into bed with some help and had the most epic sleep.
UPDATE LATER: the physio came round just before lunch and I've been able to take a couple of steps out to the chair and sit out whilst I was eating my lunch! This is far better than last time and apparently quite impressive for day 2 post-op. Not that I like to boast ;-P
Then I got back into bed with some help and had the most epic sleep.