I took a few steps with the physios today using a frame! Really pleased with myself. I am now allowed to transfer with one and walk with Physio assistance. I will post a picture/video when I have it. I have also officially stopped wearing my nightie during the day and have moved into appropriate hospital attire of joggers, t-shirt and pale green blanket.
I didn't mention this, but the admissions nurse when I came in to hospital had to clarify if I have any allergies. I just said I'm allergic to dogs and have hayfever in the summer. Just to be on the safe side, the nurse attached a red wristband instead of one of the normal ones. So now everytime the drugs trolley comes round and I am asked what my allergy is due to wearing a red band, I receive a bit of a strange look from whatever nurse is on duty!
I didn't mention this, but the admissions nurse when I came in to hospital had to clarify if I have any allergies. I just said I'm allergic to dogs and have hayfever in the summer. Just to be on the safe side, the nurse attached a red wristband instead of one of the normal ones. So now everytime the drugs trolley comes round and I am asked what my allergy is due to wearing a red band, I receive a bit of a strange look from whatever nurse is on duty!
I keep bossing people around, i.e., the nurses if they are helping me transfer: "put all your weight on the frame as I shift my weight!" That kind of thing. Even as a patient I boss around like I'm the Physio! The nursing staff are lovely. I'm getting to know a few of them as I'm here for longer than the patients who've had THRs or TKRs. I've seen two rounds of people come and leave again in this bay. It will soon be my turn. I'll probably be out by the end of the week at the latest I reckon.