Day 2 Post op. Slept a lot today, after a long afternoon and night suffering a violent reaction to the anaesthetic and morphine yesterday. Ate a bit more and perked up quite a bit this evening. I have these amazing pressure cuffs on my lower legs which inflate and deflate alternately every 5 seconds. It feels like getting a nice little massage on my legs. With these and my DVT stockings it may have put mum out of a job - last time she was frantically massaging my ankles everyday whilst I was in hospital to try and keep the swelling down! (makes me wonder why DVT socks weren't compulsory there?)
I forgot how much this hurts and am pretty much immobile. Physio-terrorist stopped by first thing and had me doing all sorts of torturous things like butt clenches and ab- and adductions (physios eh? What do you like about them?). I really want to get up and about as soon as possible but finding it pretty impossible even to shuffle around the bed without a ton of pain. Some naughty words may have slipped out when the nurses rolled me earlier. I'm not gonna lie, this hurts A LOT!
I'm allowed to partial weight bear straight away, which although sounds terrifying, I'm also really happy about.
I'm sharing the bay with a lovely group of ladies. They were very sweet to me when I was ill all of yesterday.
Exercises given to me, for my records:

