Friday, 23 September 2016

Pelvic Osteotomy With That?

Having thought that my symptoms had pretty much plateaued, they took another downward turn this week.  I've been so careful with walking etc, then started experiencing crazy shooting pains one evening, in both hips this time.  It kept waking me up when I was trying to drift off to sleep that night.

As much as I'm scared and stressed out at the moment, going around with a crutch really does get people to move out of the way quickly.  I don't know if it's just because the paralympics have been on recently, but everyone can't do enough for me.  A bus driver today asked somebody to mind out for the disabled person.  I decided to leave off on clarifying with him "I'm not disabled, I have a disability!"

"I'm not disabled, I just have weird hip anatomy!"   *Sigh* and to think I was running in a 10k 3 months ago, like a normal person (albeit I was getting symptoms even then but, whatever).

I had my pre-op yesterday and I actually got offered a tea or coffee in the waiting room.  I mean seriously, the lady was taking orders from all the patients there, like it was her living room.  Very sweet!  I nearly took up the drink offer and then legged it.  "Yeah, I'll take a coffee, but none of that pelvic-bone-slashy stuff, thanks..."

Started back at uni this week.  I'm officially not going on placement now, which I'm gutted about but can't do it anyway with these granny moves, and anyway I have a surgery date a few weeks away.

And walking into a lecture room of 50 gawping physio students using a crutch is an experience I want to savour for the rest of my days :-P