Saturday, 17 June 2017

Too Sitcom for Sitcom

Well, the bizarre unexplained increase in pain over the last couple of weeks has calmed down.  There are any number of reasons why this was happening, but I have started being a bit more prompt at taking my pain relief on time and am trying not to sit for too long in certain positions, and things seem to be going a bit better.  It's just as well, as I was beginning to get very aggravated and kept snapping at mum (sorry mum!).  One thing is for sure, I am never taking Tramadol again!  It made me so ill and spaced out, I was in some kind of alternate universe and I had to revert back to the codeine.

So I'm currently happy and due to the devouring of box-sets I have Miranda Induced Humour (MIH) which makes anything in my life feel like a sitcom.  Example: the physio was helping me get my DVT stockings on after hydrotherapy on Thursday when a lovely - but random - patient who was there at the same time as me popped her head round the curtain.  "Do you need a hand?" she said, and dived in to help without really waiting for a reply.  "We're managing okay, thanks," said the physio.  Nevertheless, this lady was insistant.  So there we were; me sitting with both a physio assistant and another patient trying to put on this DVT stocking at the same time.  I was worried they were going to started wrestling each other to get to my leg - why do these things happen to me?

Ooh and another thing, I've started being able to get onto my side in bed, just a little bit, it still hurts after a while but it's a start!

AND my friend Sara has arrived from Sweden to spend the week, giving my mum a much needed break back in Scotland.