I'm 2 weeks post op now and starting to move around a lot easier - at least, without having to groan all the time, which is probably a relief for those around me! I have had a few more trips to the park on sunny days. Actually I overdid it a bit yesterday by walking a little too far from the car to the park bench without using the wheelchair, which meant this morning I was sore. But a couple of hours with my feet up in front of the telly helped a bit.
Had my bandages changed today as well. Boy they stick those things down hard! The nurse said I wasn't the worst whiner she'd ever come across, but... there is a chance she was just being polite haha!
Apart from that I've been catching up with box sets. I must admit, sleep is not coming easy to me at night. I can't lie on my side just yet so can only stay in one position for the whole night, which makes my back stiff and sore. Last night I ended up just propping myself up in bed with pillows and falling asleep sat up like that! This stage post-op is very trying, not to mention the rollercoaster of emotions after coming out of hospital!
I managed to get a video of how I'm walking so far. I'm trying to keep track as it is encouraging to look back on further down the line and see how far I've come.
I forgot to say before, but when my surgeon came in after the op to tell me how it had gone, he was really sweet and told me how a lot of what they had done was to help me regain my confidence, as a lot of it had been lost beforehand with everything that happened (which I would agree with!). I thought that was really kind, what a caring surgeon, he doesn't just think about the mechanics, he actually seems to care about the whole person. I think all clinicians should be like that.
Oh, and Happy Healthy Hips Awareness Month!
