Monday, 12 June 2017

I feel very discomposed...

Wow, what a week I've had.  I've definitely been in more pain this time, perhaps because they had to do more in the surgery.  He said he had to work around scar tissue so it could be to do with that.  I have to admit the recovery from my RTPO in October was incredibly smooth, so I've almost been taken aback by this.  I've been given stronger pain relief so trying it out this week.

Sleeping at night is still difficult: I can't yet lie on my side as it's too sore, only on my back.  So by the morning a whole night in one position means I am completely stiff and can barely move.  The pain got a bit too much the other day and on top of that one of my DVT injections didn't work (something wrong with the needle maybe?) which tipped me over the emotional precipice big time.  Augh, what an ordeal, these post-op blues are no fun.

However, I did have a really good physio session on Friday.  Being taken through all my exercises and shown how to do them better was helpful.  It's still only simple glute exercises, hip abductions and knee flexions with a plastic bag under my leg, but it's all worth it!  I have a hydrotherapy session tomorrow, looking forward to getting in the warm water as I've been really craving a bath recently...