Augh, the trial of losing my independence and mobility is beginning to rear its ugly head. I have to have an assortment of pillows to sleep in a comfortable position at night. Including a rolled-up towel under my ankles to stop my heels from becoming sore against the mattress. I woke up at some unearthly hour the other night with my toes feeling like they were being crushed by my socks. It felt like agony; I can't quite bend my knee up enough to reach my foot yet, so mum had to come in and free them up a bit by pulling the socks and the DVT stockings a bit looser. I then slept the rest of the night with the covers lifted off my feet a little way so that they wouldn't rub. I have to have a pillow under my knees to get a bit comfy too.
If only I could just move. If I could sleep on my side or shift around in the bed a bit by myself. With mum's help last night I tried a method I used last time to sleep on my side with the pillows in a certain arrangement, but I couldn't quite remember how to do it, and was in pain and discomfort straight away, so I'll have to resign myself to lying on my back for now. I might try again in a few days, I hope it works next time because my coccyx is suffering!
On a lighter note, I managed to go in to part of a uni lecture yesterday, so am proud of myself. It was nice to be out and about in almost normal life again. I might go again next week. After that everyone else is on placement again and I really should start looking at some of my research project which I'm meant to be getting on with. (I don't really have an excuse do I? My mind is in working order at least.)