It has been 2 weeks since my op now and I'm settling into life back home. After the first couple of days, sleeping, eating and zoning out I have begun to get into a bit of a routine. The mornings are usually spent in the flat, then lunch and a bit of a nap before some kind of trip out to a coffee shop or some such thing, then the evenings are dinner and tv or a movie before bed. I'm loving watching the autumn colours on the trees outside the flat window, and cosying up with a hot chocolate during these dark winter nights.
I'm keeping up my 2-3 times a day lying in supine for 20 minutes, if I'm honest it's still feeling a little bit tortuous, as soon as the 20 minutes is over I'm sat up. I've added a physio routine into it once a day (although I think I should be doing more). I'm getting quite good at knee flexions and hip abductions now.
At the moment I'm not even taking morphine, just paracetamol and something called Dihydrocodeine (Die Hard Codeine) which seems to be working okay. There were a couple of days when I overdid it a bit though, and was paying for it the day after with a lot of pain. Walking short distances to and from the car or around the flat during the day is okay, but anything more than that means I have to take it easy big time the next day. But I am glad I tried those trips out though, I want to see what I can do, rather than sit back and be overly cautious.
Dad is visiting, and we went to see an exhibition at the Imperial War Museum this afternoon. Very interesting, about fashion during and after the 2nd World War. We used one of their wheelchairs that they have available. It was great fun to wheel myself around, but I think the man at the desk was not amused when I started wheeling around in circles a bit as soon as I sat down in it! (I was obviously very careful to do this in a non-hazardous manner away from other visitors.) This evening I had my own hired wheelchair delivered and it looks very shiney and new, comes apart to fit into the car and everything.
Also, I ordered a bath board off the web and it arrived the other day. It is a little too big for the bath, so dad helped by tying it down at one end with a cable tie so it doesn't flip up when I sit on it!