Took my bandages off last week (I was scared to before!) and I am surprised at how good and neat the scar at the front looks this soon post-op, and how symmetrical it is with the one on the left side. There is one on the back, too. I will post a picture of the front one further down so as not to traumatise the more sensitive of my readers
And I finished up all 20 of my DVT injections! I can't help feeling quite proud of myself, considering the first one took me half an hour to do as I was petrified!
My hamstrings on the operated leg keep spasming recently, which makes me think my glutes aren't kicking in when they should? I've been keeping on at the physio I've been given, still finding the standing up exercises a bit tricky though, but I just keep trying everyday. I really want to start hydro soon now as I know that this will help. I'm keen to get the right muscles into the habit of working properly, i.e. these darn glutes!
The tiredness is beginning to catch up with me as well now. I slept a lot more at the weekend and made it half way through a meal out with my mum and uncle last night before having to go home to bed - it was only 9.30! My uncle said it would be the effects of the anaesthetic still, I'm glad a medic approves of me sleeping! I got all wrapped up in bed with a hot water bottle and felt a lot better.
![]() |
| My beautiful scar |
