Friday, 2 November 2012

Swimming!

I have some good news:  at 5 months post-op I started swimming this week!  I went to the pool on Monday to do some hydrotherapy, and I thought to myself "I'll just have a little go at swimming breast stroke," and I did it!  I swam 2 laps!  Then every day I've been swimming more.  I mean I've literally been going almost every weekday.  This is great, because it means I can get some exercise and start to get fit.  Apparently that is good for you and it hopefully prevent me from getting ill all the time like I have been doing.  It feels AMAZING!!!

On a sadder note though.  At my last appointment with my consultant, it seems I might have to have an RPAO.  Thinking about it makes me really depressed, and I must admit, I did have a bit of a cry about it.  Just the thought of going through it all again...

Anyway though, I can swim!  I can swim, think positively!