Things seem to be getting easier; I'm using one crutch all around the house now, and when I'm out and about too sometimes. I was getting super-bored last week so I started on some more card making. Here are a couple.
I had an appointment with my consultant on Monday and it was a really good appointment; for the first time I felt like he actually had time and he answered all my questions. My operated hip looks good (as much as 3 pins and a fuzzy bit can look good). The gap that was there before now looks hazy but is joined up, so he said I can start bearing more and more weight on it. I asked about the other hip, and felt like I got a clearer answer than before: the acetabulum is slightly shallow, but not half as much as the the left one, so I would be okay to leave it for a while. That sounds like it's up to me, and that I will be okay to run this much-talked-of 10K. I don't see him again for 3 months, that's also a good sign.
Hydrotherapy was good yesterday, she had me striding up the pool and doing sidesteps and other things. I wasn't too tired afterwards, in fact I felt like I could do more. But later on I was tired, I did lots of hobbling about in my friend's kitchen, which then made my back a bit sore - oops!
I went to visit a youth organisation in town this morning to ask about some volunteering. What they do sounds good and I really want to get stuck in to some more youth work as well as stuff my locally. I think this is the best way to do it.
I have got in touch with a lady at the STEPS Charity about possibly doing some fundraising and raising awareness about Hip Dysplasia. She is going to put me in touch with another girl my age who is not too far from here, who had a PAO 5 years ago. She is going to send me an information pack in the post.
Sheesh I can't believe it's been 3 and a half months since my surgery - what a way I've come!

