Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Physio at the hospital

I have had two physio appointments at the hospital now.  The first thing I said when I was asked what I want to get back to was: "Hockey!"  I said tentatively at the end that I want to run the 10K next May, and asked if she thought I could do it.  The physio said I might be able to be running in about 6 months, and therefore have 3 months to train.  So sounds hopeful but I suppose we will have to see!

Hydrotherapy has been suggested.  The only thing is it's at another hospital about half and hour away, as the hydro pool at this hospital is out of action at the moment.  So I'm having to find people who can take me there by car early on a Tuesday morning.  I hope I can find somebody to take me otherwise I won't be able to go.

By the way, trying to book ambulance transport to the hospital is a pain, it's like they don't believe you need it.  I had to call up the rehab team and ask them to book it for me.