Saturday, 7 September 2019

Happiness

Ecstatic!

Yesterday I had what will be my last clinic appointment for a while.  I got the results of my left hip MRI scan which showed a whole lot of something and nothing: a labral tear and cyst, bit of glute min inflammation and the teensiest bit of cartilage thinning, all of which I sort of expected and am not surprised at all, considering that Leftie has been through 4 surgeries in total and I've been living with dysplasia in that hip all my life.  It is not for sure whether any of those bits and bobs have been the cause of my recent pain or not, they might not even be relevant.  But it was interesting to read the MRI report all the same.  I'm still glad I had the MRI as back in May I was struggling to do my job and needed to be specific with work about what the plan was going forwards - it also would have been a heck of lot more bother trying the wait and see approach, as travelling up and down from Brum is a PALAVA!

So... considering that previous post-op pain has settled down loads now (and I wouldn't want more of any kind of surgery even if it was a treatment option!) my surgeon has left it for a year til next follow-up.  Both hips have a lot more hip-years in them, even Leftie.

Walking out of my appointment and out of the hospital building I had a huge grin on my face.  I wanted to jump up and do a spectacular air-punch, but I thought it might look rather strange to any onlookers.  Can't believe it was only just over 3 years ago I walked out of there crying my eyes out!  After all the surgeries I've had I'm flipping glad that parts all over for now.  In terms of physio and looking after my hips in general, that's ongoing.  I have goals, they feel possible, but I have back-up goals in case they don't work out and I'm going to just give things a go and see what I can do.

Happy, happy, happy!