This week is proving to be better than last week. This is for several reasons. Firstly, I got on a better contract with my mobile with an awesome new handset, this is not hip related, I know, but I just thought I'd include it.
Secondly, I had a dream the other night that I was running - strangely enough at my Auntie and Uncle's house in Bournemouth (weird) - it felt amazing.
Thirdly, my physio, saw me on Monday and my knee was okay then and there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it when she looked at it, but it just seemed that I yanked it or something. And she showed me how to use the TENS Machine that I have now hired from the department. I have been using it at home and it seems to work. It took a couple of times for me to get the hang of it though; I was getting a bit stressed and aggravated at first (also it really helps when you put the batteries in!), but now I am trying to use it in the afternoons for an hour or so and at the same time reduce my codeine doses - seeing as my GP is convinced I will become addicted to it. Incidentally, I'm beginning to think there is some conspiracy between the receptionists at that surgery, as whenever they say there is an issue with me trying to get a repeat prescription, my GP herself says there shouldn't be... huh?!
Fourthly, I got the email, THE EMAIL from the Bupa Great Run Website on Monday informing me that the 10K in May 2013 is open for entry! Aaaah I'm so excited! I entered straight away, images of a Jessica Ennis style race finish flashing through my mind (not that my run will be anything like hers, you'll be lucky if I'm crawling over the finish line) I included in my entry form about why I'm running the race. Call me crazy (and at least 3 friends have so far) but I really want to do everything I can to show I can overcome this evil hip dysplasia, and raise awareness for health professionals and others.
Fifthly, I have gone down to one crutch whilst I'm in the house, am showering standing up, and even managed to walk-hobble part way across the kitchen yesterday. Walking normally feels more and more possible every day. This is gooooooood.
And lastly, I was at hydrotherapy yesterday (it was then cancelled unfortunately because of a problem with the pool) but one of the other people there turned out to be someone I've been emailing through one of the hip groups! Hooray!! I was buzzing, it feels so good to finally meet someone in person who is experiencing the same things. I'm starting to feel a real affinity others with hip dysplasia (or maybe I'm just spending too much time on my own...). We got chatting loads on the way out of the hospital and I hope we can meet up sometime. It was really out of the blue and so great to meet her. No doubt we'll bump into each other again, at hydro or wherever. :-D :-D :-D