Friday, 31 August 2012

I will I will I will

This week has SUCKED!  First the bad pain day, then the twisted knee thing, and then the days afterwards getting my pain back under control and getting myself in knots trying to work out if I have 'over-done it' or not. (My GP says I have, my physio assures me that I haven't).  I could call it 'Bad Monday,' but I'm starting to think by the end of this whole RIDICULOUS BUSINESS I will have more 'Bad' days than can be assigned to days of the week, so I may have to think of something else to call it....

I also am worried about my other knee and hip and whether I'll have to do the next PAO sooner than I'd like.  It de-motivates me completely thinking that's a possibility.  I want to run the 10k!!!   That's my Thing, that's what keeps me going!  Whenever I try and broach this subject with my consultant or with the physio they just say we have to focus on the operated leg.  Blah, blah, blah, I just want to know!

What sucked was feeling like I'd gone backwards a month or two, whereas last week things felt like they were getting better, I was able to stand with my crutches for a minute or two and it felt, well, sort of 'normal' I mean, no pain.  This is such an unusual thing for me that I almost did a double take at myself.  It was weird.  Anyway, I kind of had that moment again yesterday, so all is not lost.  Just struggling to do my physio exercises still.  One or two of my hip girls on the online hip dysplasia group say I should give my muscles a rest, build it up again slowly.  Anyway, I see the physio again on Monday, so I can ask her.  I was out to dinner with the 'rents this evening, (they are down for the weekend) which was a welcome treat.

I say 'hip girls' because in a cheesy kind of way I feel I have more in common with them than with anyone else at the moment.  Part of this is the bitter 'no-one else knows what this feels like' thing, and part of it is just me getting really bored some days and keeping in touch with them more.  I'm not sure how, but I know for sure that I am running the 10k next May.  I am determined.  I will run it and raise awareness about hip dysplasia because we need quicker diagnoses and better knowledge of this condition.

I'm gonna run, I'm gonna run, I'm gonna run...