I am on a well deserved last minute holiday with family next to the beach.
It's been a month since I have written, mainly because there was not much to write about, except tears, more physio exercises and trying but so far unsuccessfully to do straight leg raises with my op leg. I can walk without my crutch with slightly less of a waddle now. This recovery is not without its emotional dramas, especially with taxi drivers for some reason. I believe I have been as stoical as I can be, but when your mobility is hindered, everything is so difficult.
Anyway, so I came down with a stinking cold before I left the UK & spent the whole of the first day of my holiday just sat by the pool with Sangria and tissues, it pretty much did me in: all these surgeries and a common cold can tip you over that emotional precipice.
But things got better, I've been in the sun a lot, and I've swum a bit in the pool! Also had a morning dip in the sea before breakfast today. The beach is almost next to the hotel and you have to kind of scramble over a little sandbank to get to the waves. Mum & I clambered very inelegantly and walked shrieking into the freezing water (me without my crutch!).
And when I got out of the sea (equally inelegantly) & then walked back to where our towels were, I swear I felt like I was walking normally, just for a second.
There is hope. I will get there. The Sangria will help. I'm gonna really crack on with my physio when I'm back home, I mean do it twice a day instead of once, and now I know I can swim I'm gonna pick that up again too.