Tuesday, 8 August 2017

Itchy Feet

I am now almost 12 weeks post-op.  12 weeks means 3 months!  Wow.  I'm really glad I have got this far, I mean to be honest, coming to after the op is one moment of massive relief, just to be the other side of it.  Being at home and now being able to move more feels better and better.  I can now walk to the corner shop, supermarket and.... wait for it.... the bus stop!!   This means freedom, the world is my oyster!  I went all the way to Starbucks twice last week and sat reading.  It's been great to get out independently a bit more.

Watching the athletics championships has made me hopeful for the future.  I really want to try and aim for running as a long term goal and, if I can, try playing hockey again.  It's all still a bit uncertain at the moment, and my surgeon I think is not keen on lots of marathon running, as impact sport can have an effect on the number of 'hip years' I have left.  But I should be physically able to do it which sounds positive.  I may just have to play it by ear, but I can't wait to try.

These are the expensive trainers I got as a birthday present last year when I 'thought' I was getting better.  It would be a shame to waste them...

I am still carrying on with my Projects of this blog and revising the anatomy from 1st year.  I've added to these with some painting, and artistic modification of a donation of barbie dolls to the primary school where my friend works.  It's enough to say that the children who receive these dolls may feel a lot better about their own body image, but may end up in therapy nonetheless.