6 months post-op!
I am catching up on the last couple of months, which got a bit boring like rehab tends to do! However, I now have a surgery date for my Left Triple Pelvic Osteotomy: 18th May eeek! So I'm picking up on this all again and hope to follow it through this time.
My transfer from one crutch to none has been a little less smooth than I would have liked, due to my left hip playing up too much at times. For about a month the pain was getting severe and I was often not managing to get through a whole day and still be able to cook an evening meal as standing up and moving around by that time of day was causing severe pain right way through the hip. Sharp pain that would start in my left hip flexors and then spread to what felt like my entire left iliac crest, and then the ache, the dull, horrible ache through the hip and all the way down to my knee. And the giving way when I least expect it - AUGH! Not a happy hip.
BUT, now I am swimming three times a week and have been increasing the laps I am doing. Okay, so I'm only doing 16 at a time, but I think that is an improvement as it was hurting at first so have been hesitant to push it too much. But I think it's working! I think the cold water reduces the inflammation. I'm in less pain in the evenings and in general and I'm getting more confident at walking around unaided. To be honest, any kind of proper exercise is making me happier. I might even start using my bike a bit soon.
BUT, now I am swimming three times a week and have been increasing the laps I am doing. Okay, so I'm only doing 16 at a time, but I think that is an improvement as it was hurting at first so have been hesitant to push it too much. But I think it's working! I think the cold water reduces the inflammation. I'm in less pain in the evenings and in general and I'm getting more confident at walking around unaided. To be honest, any kind of proper exercise is making me happier. I might even start using my bike a bit soon.
I've also been carrying on with my rehab at the physio gym two times a week. My home exercises petered out for a bit but I'm gonna really try and do them properly now that Leftie isn't so bad.
Rightie is getting stronger (did I mention?) I just really need to work on these G-L-U-T-E-S.....!
