Been in and out of sleep for most of today. Got a bit weepy this morning, after my high of yesterday. In the night we are woken up every 4 hours or something to check blood pressure etc. A couple of the nurses tried to roll me this morning to check my epidural and it hurt so much I cried again, it was horrible the pain was so bad. Whoever knew just turning over onto your side could be such an ordeal!
I still feel really good though, quite cheery. I'll probably be ready for visitors tomorrow. I've had loads and loads of lovely text messages from so many people, I feel really touched. I have asked specifically for funny stories, one I have received is from Abi. She said that Zac was sitting on his potty with the squits singing 'Jesus love is very wonderful!' Priceless.
The physio came and had me sitting on the edge of the bed. Felt a bit weird but was okay. And the Occupational Therapist came by and had me describe my house and what stairs there were, to start helping me work out how to get about and things when I go home. She said I will need to move my bed downstairs. (And after all that stubbornness wanting it to be upstairs!)
The anaesthetist who had looked after me through the surgery also came by to see how I was getting on. I thought that was really sweet and I felt very touched.
Mum has battled her way through the heat and is here again.
Sleep feels so good...