Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Bad Wednesday

Today has been pretty awful, and has ruined my Easter plans!  It started last night, my hip started aching and feeling like it was swelling up and about to pop out.  This morning it was no better, it was getting worse and worse.  I was supposed to be going to visit my brother and his family, and then go home and see mum and dad over the Easter weekend.  But I've ended up having to cancel my trip because I've been in too much pain to drive, and I can't see myself getting a train or travelling anywhere right now.

I've been in such a state.  It got so bad I couldn't even walk, it was horrible!  Ibruprofen and paracetamol weren't even touching it.  I was lying in bed practically writhing and in tears.  Sarah came up and sat with me, and I called my GP and was nearly crying down the phone to the receptionist.  (I don't handle pain very well, in case that hasn't become obvious already!)  I managed to get some stronger painkillers prescribed, and the chemist I think can deliver them later on.  I hope they do soon, as there's no way I can make it over there to pick them up.