Friday, 13 October 2017

Slow and Steady Wins the Race



Not that it's a race.  Or maybe it is.  5 months post-op and 4 months to go probably until I will be starting practice placements again.  Eeek!

I can drive, I'm getting out and about and am walking short distances unaided.  Can walk 2.8km with my crutch with a break in the middle and was pretty tired afterwards but recovered after sitting for a bit.  I'm swimming 6-ish laps at the pool 3 times a week.  I've been trying to keep up with my physio but I admit, this week has been a bit of a non-starter due to being really tired - honestly!  It all seems to be taking soooo long, some of my rehab is taking ages to get better at, single leg lifts especially.

Yes, tiredness has taken over again, not a full on bout of fatigue like at 10 weeks post-op, just drifting asleep at the odd inopportune moment, and getting a bit run-down again.  Third time now in about a month - my immune system is obviously not too happy at the moment.  I think because I've been returning to function quicker after this surgery than the Osteotomy I had years ago, I forget that it is still pretty major trauma I've had to both sides of my pelvis within a year!  My body is working hard to heal itself.

I've also been reducing my pain relief more, which has been a bit up and down depending on how much physio I do during some days.  But it's really just muscle achiness and things now.

Feeling positive.  Can't wait to see what I'll be posting in 4 months time!