Saturday, 1 July 2017

Lesson #138: Walk before running

I had a fantastic week with Sara last week catching up on the good times, taking some trips out and enjoying some home brewed beer from a friend's garage.

A really stressful trip down to Brum for my 6 week follow up. Trains are hard work on crutches!  I walked quite far on them and my poor wrists suffered for it the next day.  But I'm healing well and my X-ray looks great!  I can start weight bearing more now.  He said he had to do a fair amount of tinkering about with the acetabular fragment due to correcting what had been done before and that may be why I've had more pain this time.  I got a good photo of the x-ray.


Speaking of pain, I had another couple of flare ups last week, and finding night-times difficult again.  Poor me!  I just want to lie on my side, is that too much to ask?

Been practicing walking with one crutch around the flat, got told off at physio yesterday for a dodgey gait so now I'm taking things a lot more slowly.

It does sound positive though, my surgeon says I may be able to do sports in the end.

I had another one of my odd dreams about running last night - don't know quite where it was this time but it felt soooo good.