Wednesday, 10 May 2017

1 Week til Showdown

Just over a week to go til my LTPO and I am surprisingly calm in some ways.  Things have been going more smoothly, all thanks to the swimming, I believe.  I've got to doing 20 laps 3 times a week.  My pain is under control most of the time and I'm doing better at my physio exercises.  I even managed to do some bridging yesterday, something I had been avoiding before!  I would love to say I have been the model patient and kept up my rehab every single day, but that would be telling porkies.  Truth is, it is really difficult maintaining momentum with it when I have had set backs or bad days sometimes.  I was back using a crutch again for my right hip one day last week due to something-or-other, not sure what had happened but perhaps muscular?  This morning I woke up with a horrible achey knee again, but I think it is referred pain from the hip rather than other things that have happened.  I'm not sure how I will find it this time, as I feel there is still a way to go with Rightie in terms of muscle strengthening etc, but I know it will have healed well enough to have Leftie done (and they wouldn't go ahead with it if it wasn't).

I am getting things in the flat sorted and planning for the journey down with mum.  We have to be there at 12.30 and I'm not allowed to take pain relief in the morning before the op!  Aah!  Therefore I will be taking all kinds of alternative solutions for the car journey: hot water bottle but also deep freeze gel and patches, just so I have options!

Weird, it's starting to feel like going through the motions.  Do you get to a point when you just don't feel fear in these situations anymore and are just immune to it all?