So the last week or so has involved a bit of a set back, but I think I have borne it well, though I say so myself.
After going to the pool 3 times over Christmas and New Year (once with my nieces splashing around) and then a bit too exuberantly doing a New Year's day walk in the freezing cold (1 km!), I ended up back on two crutches again for a day or two. The train back home was tricky and I was dragging my operated hip across Edinburgh station to my connecting train because my hip flexors didn't seem to want to play ball. But I got home in one piece eventually!
I missed out a hydro session in the middle of the week and then one morning starting getting symptoms in my left hip again - my already-operated-on-but-incorrectly hip. It was real deep achey pain right inside the joint this time, this is the first time now that the left hip has felt like that since my LPAO. Before it was shooting pain that I suppose could have been mistaken for over-compensating. This was a sure reminder that the other hip is not right, and I think I will regret it if I don't have it done again. I think it's an understatement to say I Don't Like It.
Anyway, this all calmed down, and over the weekend I decided to make the decision to come off some of my painkillers, as they were giving me headaches. I had been weaning off them slowly, but my decision to then go cold turkey and only take paracetamol was not the smartest decision I have made in my life. 3 nights of no sleep and pain then ended in tears... clever huh? And I thought I'd learned my lesson to stick to the plan of regular pain relief. After a bit of a lecture from my GP I have now replaced them with some other anti-inflammatories and things are now back on track.
All this drama makes me want a cup of coffee.