OMG just had such a good appointment with my
physio, my knees have no sign of osteoarthritis (which I didn't think anyway but it's nice to be reassured), they just bend at the
knee-caps too much (me bending too much: what's knew?) so I just have to
work on getting stronger. I was walking and everything, she even said
"It's like a different hip!" Gotta walk more without my crutch now -
phew hard work!
She explained about my knees: basically, because the knee caps have a greater range of movement than normal, and something to do with my hypermobility and the right signals not getting to the joints, the thigh muscles don't kick into action straight away, so then they are not strong enough and causing the knee to flick backwards when I walk. Something like that anyway! I find that kind of stuff really interesting.
Going back in the gym for a few more weeks then see her again at the end of January. I can start using the treadmill and hopefull start running when I am able. I feel more motivated again now.