I started partial weight-bearing last week (9 weeks post-op) which was a bit scary. To start with it felt like there was no leg there at all, it has atrophied so much there is no strength in it. Now I feel like an old lady after her hip replacement, rather than just looking like a young person who's had some kind of accident. I've started off by just walking in my room, and then I will increase it more and more. My rehab assistant who comes to see me keeps saying 'Get that foot down!' as my tendency is to carry on hopping like I have been doing because it takes so long to get from A to B.
She has also given me a few more exercises to be getting on with, and they are hard! They include gentle squats holding on to the kitchen counter for support - eeek! This is where all the hard work starts, I think.