I came back home today. So relieved to be off that ward because there was a really ill lady puking up constantly in front of me, which is not nice to see all the time.
It's kind of scary as well though, I'm scared I might slip or fall. I feel so vulnerable. I've never experienced living with this kind of condition at home. It makes me wonder how people manage it when they don't have family or friends to support them so much. The day before I was due to be discharged I lay awake quite late in the night feeling like I was about to jump off a cliff into unchartered waters.
As it's Friday, I have to wait until Monday for the community physio to come to the house and show me how to do stairs etc. That means I can't really get out much as there are steps down from our front door - but I'm not too worried as I can't imagine myself getting many places in the next couple of days anyway! Tomorrow I will ring up one of the number the OT gave me and hire a wheelchair.
Mum and Jenni and the two Marks have made everything so nice for me. My bed was moved down into the front room and the settees arranged nicely, and Jenni, bizzarrely, has another old, small TV and spare freeview box that she put down here for me. I imagine these will be used a lot in the coming months.