Thursday, 31 May 2012

Day 4

I don't think they should have moved me yesterday, straight after taking out my epidural, they should have waited until today.   My pain was quite bad last night and the staff on this ward don't know how I've been so far, so don't know that I was quite cheery up until then.  Anyway it's settled down now, I'm on a higher dose of morphine, and can ask for it whenever I like.

There's really stressy girl at the end bed who's driving me and everyone else nuts.

Lots more lovely visitors, including my Auntie and Uncle!  This will be great for my Aunt, as she is involved with developing ultra-scanning so that babies with hip dysplasia are picked up with it whilst they are still in the womb - so she knows heaps about this stuff.  I got her helping me wiggle my foot, it's getting sore from being in almost the same position continuously.

The occupational therapist, got my mum to go home and measure how high my bed is and other furniture, so we can get things raised to the right height if needed (they need to be a certain height depending on my height).  And also to get equipment if I need it, like a bathroom stool and a raised toilet seat.