Monday, 26 October 2020

Living Life

I'm catching up from last month's update, as aside from dealing with a global pandemic I've been a little too pre-occupied with living my life to keep up the blog, which speaks for itself I suppose!

In September I had my follow-up appointment with my consultant (over the phone of course).  I still have some mild ongoing symptoms, particularly with Leftie, which could be as a result of any number of things, vascular, neuropathic, the labral symptoms I've had on and off, or just general muscle weakness.  Due to the multiple surgeries this hip has had there's a potential for any of these things to be a niggly problem.  However, in terms of surgery, the next step along the road would be THR, and we're nowhere near thinking about that yet.  Things can be managed conservatively for now; physio, pain relief, pacing and all the things I do to manage this in the day-to-day.  So.... I have been officially discharged!  With a view to getting back in touch in the future if/when things deteriorate.  But I'm free!!!

Aaaand, in other news:

I'm

back

at

HOCKEY!!!!!!! (ish)

I mean I'm only going to the first half of training, I don't know if I'll be able to get back to playing in matches or not.  But I'm still pretty pleased with myself.  Please find below recorded evidence of my awesome hockey prowess

So, I can walk, I'm working full time in an active job as a physio, I'm hitting a hockey ball about every so often (followed by some bad running).  I think that is called a Good Result. :-)