Wednesday, 17 April 2019

It's been a while


So what's new?  Well... a few things!

Firstly, I've been working full time as a physio for 4 months now.  I am working on a busy ward and am on my feet all day.  I've had the odd flare or more painful couple of days, and I've had to intentionally pace myself during the weekends, but for the most part I'm managing, which is great!  I keep up with the old pelvic floor exercises and glutes activation during my morning commute in the car, and I'm trying to focus on stretching in the evenings, or massaging my quads and adductors a bit to get them to calm down.  I can definitely feel that I'm getting stronger, I mean, it's a given as I'm on my feet all day, and often consciously activating the right muscles in standing.


As of a couple of weeks ago I was still taking anti-inflammatories daily, but hoping to gradually reduce these, and the ongoing symptoms in Leftie (which I think is perhaps an adductor groin strain tendiopathy type thing?) were sort of easing off.

I started hitting a hockey ball around out the back of the flat!!!  It felt SOOOO GOOOOD!!!  And I even started doing a little bit of running, just a tiny bit, for a few seconds at a time, when hitting the ball!  I actually have started feeling like I can do a bit more exercise outside of work, whereas before I was working and using other time to recover.  There is hope!

Had my metalwork removal 2 weeks ago in Birmingham (my 7th surgery), this time from the left side.  It's been a pretty uneventful recovery, I'm not in that much pain and going back to work part time next week.  I'm hoping this will be the last surgery I have now, and that the screw removal will contribute to easing the symptoms I've had recently in the left hip.

Once I'm able to do more after this recovery, I'm hoping to start doing more walks at the weekends and to try and build this up to running a little bit.  It feels a bit more possible now.