Friday, 2 February 2018

No more exams

I just recently finished my last ever exam of my degree! (it's taken me this long to post about it)  Total relief.  I was pretty much working up until the last minute, but I did okay in it.  I now just have the rest of my placements until I finish, starting in a few weeks.  I'm pretty nervous, I can do a lot more now than before, but things like squatting and general movements are still a bit difficult.  Uni have been very supportive and I can negotiate with my educators what I will be able to do.

The frustrating thing is that I'm getting symptoms in Leftie that very much feel like the torn labrum that has been there since before the surgery, so that's both hips with the labral tears which have caused issues recently... Gah!!  My surgeon doesn't tend to fix labral tears when he does pelvic osteotomies, as they usually sort themselves out when the hip itself is in a better position.  He only goes in and has a look if it's still causing a problem further down the line, when the metalwork is being removed.  So I will have to see how things go, but for now, I'm just plugging away at the rehab.

I've started taking my time a bit more doing stretching when I go to the physio gym, and taking more time in general doing the exercises, they are still a bit of a challenge, but a do-able challenge - which feels good.  I am walking a bit more, I did almost 2km yesterday evening!

When placement comes I may well give swimming a rest  - I'm getting swimmer's shoulders!  Also it is actually catching and irritating a bit, possibly due to the aforementioned labrum.

I have manual handling training this afternoon at uni - this should be fun...!