Saturday, 9 December 2017

"I think I broke my pain scale..."

A terrible day today and yesterday.  I ran out of pain relief and had forgotten to request more in time (I have it now thankfully)!  I have been quite successful at weaning off the stronger stuff until now, with the odd slightly more painful day at times, so for the past few weeks have only been on Naproxen.  However, today has reminded me just how much I've had done and how hard my muscles have been working.  I've been walking more and more without my crutch.  I'm measuring distances and I can walk 0.8 km now!

It's really muscle ache that I'm feeling, big time muscle ache.  Big, BIG time muscle ache!!  Hard to explain really.  Maybe it's just DOMS and I've become unable to deal with normal pain now?  It's hard to tell as I genuinely don't think I have a gauge for what is low, medium or severe pain anymore


Apart from all of the above, I am now swimming 12 laps 3 times a week and kicking a bit harder.  Rebecca Adlington eat your heart out.