Tuesday, 25 July 2017

Hobbling

So, here we are, 10 weeks post op and I managed to crutch to the corner shop and back!  Feeling quite proud of myself.  To be honest I just had to get out on this lovely summer's evening.  I'd been inside all day either sleeping or on the couch in front of the telly.  It seems like I've had another bout of fatigue and all I could do was sleep this morning.

The last few weeks have been hard.  It turns out two major surgeries within a year can be quite taxing on one's emotions.  Adele* stayed for a few days last week and helped with things like food and washing up.  It was needed.

I've been hobbling around the flat a bit without my crutch, although it's probably not recommended in physio!  I still can't believe quite how much easier it's been regaining functional independence.  I would never have been at this stage so soon after a PAO.  Weight-bearing straight after the op means I have gained confidence quicker, that is for sure.