I just need to momentarily interrupt this very conscientious and referenced textbook blog on the clinical reasoning behind how DDH is treated to say... I got a surgery date!
I actually had some loud music playing this morning when I heard my phone tinkling and the secretary to my consultant on the other end of the line saying my consultant is putting an extra day in for surgeries on 19th October and as I'd told them I could do it at short notice would I like to go ahead? I think she was amused at my excited response.
Now, for those of you who may wonder why I appear to be so ecstatic about the impending horror show of having my pelvis prised apart and screwed back together again (cue blood and squelchy noises)... remember that I've been through this all before with the left hip; the increasing disability, the tears and emotion of realising surgery is on the cards and weighing up what is the best action to take. The surgeon I was under before just seemed to have trouble diagnosing the other hip.
The 3 months that passed after my appointment in May I spent thinking and looking at this from all angles, moping around the flat on bad days and watching a series on Netflix called "Zoo" about some animals who begin to take over the world (the acting is hammy but it's worth a watch anyway). Since I stopped working due to these biomechanical issues I have had plenty of time to reflect, and had even begun to negotiate with uni the complete disruption of placements and modules this year (they have been great). As it stands, I currently can't even swim now without pain. I did about 6 laps last night before having to stop, and Pilates is out of the question as it flares up the symptoms again.
So surgery it is, and surgery it will be. I am happy. Things are moving forward. :-D :-D
P.S. I would like to add to the above by stating I have some very good friends in my life who I've seen or who've texted me at the most random times of my mopy-ness to say they are thinking of me, particularly in the last couple of weeks when all I've had to say is "woe is me, The World is Ending." You all deserve medals for putting up with my drama!
P.S. I would like to add to the above by stating I have some very good friends in my life who I've seen or who've texted me at the most random times of my mopy-ness to say they are thinking of me, particularly in the last couple of weeks when all I've had to say is "woe is me, The World is Ending." You all deserve medals for putting up with my drama!