- Went to see a new young adult hip surgeon in Birmingham
- 'Re-diagnosed' with Bilateral Hip Dysplasia
- He thinks I need to have an osteotomy on my right hip
- Also said about my LPAO "I wouldn't have done it like that" hmmm...
- Apparently there's "no anterior wall" of the acetabulum either side (but surely he could just be tilting the CT image a bit?)
- He said I shouldn't really be running when my hip is like this (oops!)
- MRI scan scheduled
- Tried to come off the Naproxen a week after the 10k run and I'm in pain, I can't sit without this pinching feeling in my inner thigh/joint line and the dull ache right inside the joint keeps coming back.
Unfortunately I was so shocked I walked out of the building with the MRI referral still in my hand, and didn't realise until I'd arrived home. I cried most of the way back home on the train. I still can't quite believe this is real. It's like I've been diagnosed all over again (which I have been really). Being told another osteotomy is likely is not a nice feeling, however much it may fix the problem.